Famous for its expertise about training, the DCC allows each candidate to specify their volunteering project. Through the steps of the recruitment and training session, the DCC invites each volonteers to fully prepare and confirm his intention to leave with the association.
The training process
The training of the DCC takes steps in 2 steps to allow each candidate to mature his project:
- First, a “Choose” session, a 3-day weekend that allows discernment on the voluntary departure project, with the DCC. The candidates will will know deeply of the DCC, reflect on their motivations, live an intercultural meeting, question the concept of development and the spiritual experience of volunteering, meet former volunteers … This session allows the candidate to ensure that agree to choose the DCC.
- If everyone is unanimous, a final assignment is made, and the volunteer takes part in a “Go” course, one week to live, in group, intensive preparation. Some themes addressed: health, security, local integration, conflict management, emotional issues, spirituality, societies and cultures, context (cultural, geopolitical, religious) of the area, etc.
In-depth and personalized training
During each step, each candidate is invited to reflect personally on their volunteering project as well as to define their expectations and motivations, whether personal, professional or spiritual.
Workshops allow you to understand and discover:
- the complexity of the intercultural issues in daily life or in the exercise of one’s profession and the need to adapt
- its role as a development actor in the 21st century by projecting itself into a different reality at all levels
- his country of mission (geopolitical, religious, cultural, social context, etc.)
- health and safety issues.
The entire training process invites candidates to meet former volunteers and other departing candidates. The goal: comparing their experiences and asking questions.
What about the come back ?
Support from the DCC continues once the mission is finished :
- with the “Come back” session (weekend from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon), each volunteer is invited to put their experience into words, to take stock to draw personal, professional and spiritual benefits;
- led by recruitment professionals, you are offered a day of return to work assistance (a Monday). It helps to enhance the volunteering experience in the context of a job search in France or abroad.
Back in their home region or settled in a new region, the volunteer can then join the DCC network. Nearly 60 delegates in France are there to welcome the volunteers: they testify and promote DCC volunteering and share a lot of opportunities.
All DCC training is provided by former volunteer trainers, DCC employees and by specialized external speakers (academics, professionals, members of partner NGOs, etc.).
Les volontaires vous racontent leur expérience
L'échange est vraiment au coeur de la formation DCC
Morgane, formatrice DCC
La DCC nous donne d’excellents supports de formation
Pascale, formatrice DCC
La démarche de volontariat ouvre plus grand le regard
Rodolphe, gestionnaire administratif et financier au Sénégal